Embedded Engineer (MCU)
About The Position
At Indoor Robotics we believe in a world that operates autonomously around us to facilitate our lives and fulfill our needs. We build the next generation of robots (ground and flying) for indoor usages. More specifically we design, develop, and produce autonomous, aware, mobile, and affordable robots that solve real-world problems in indoor scenarios. We strive to create a physical infrastructure and middleware for indoor robots that can navigate in the indoor space, understand their environment and execute real-time missions.
We are an early-stage startup (post-seed) and currently looking for an awesome team member to join us and to form the core team to invent and produce the best quality products for consumers and professionals.
RT Embedded SW Engineer
As an Embedded Software Engineer at Indoor-Robotics, you will work on many different components of the entire system.
You will work on low-level robotic components of the system, transcribe system-level commands into low-level commands, optimize drivers and develop new ones.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of the next-generation technologies and robots.
What you will be doing:
● Design, develop and verify firmware for our robots
● Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
● Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
● Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
● Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
● Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
● Code in C/C++ or whatever language needed in order to bring the best results.
● implement common communication interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C)
● Writing device drivers and optimizing existing ones
● BSc or MSc master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrictronics Engineering, Robotics, Mathematics or equivalent
● 2+ years of hands-on experience with writing C/C++ code for embedded systems
● Experience with designing code for Embedded Microcontrollers
● Experience with real-time debugging tools (software and hardware)
● Ability to learn quickly and deep-dive into the unknown
● Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System) - advantage
● Comfortable taking initiative and working across teams
● Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers