Robotics QA Engineer
About The Position
About the job
We build the next generation robots (ground and flying) for indoor usages. More specifically we design, develop and produce autonomous, aware, mobile and affordable robots that solve real world problems in indoor scenarios. We strive to create a physical infrastructure and middleware for indoor robots that can navigate in the indoor space, understand their environment and execute real time missions.
We are currently looking for an awesome team member to join us to invent and produce best quality robotics products for consumers and professionals.
As a QA Engineer at Indoor Robotics you will test and improve our products and systems.
Performing tests while flying robots, coming up with new ways to challenge our systems and making sure the robot does all the things a user will expect it to do.
You will interact with cross functional teams, problem solve, troubleshoot and resolve related issues.
What you will be doing:
- Challenge the robots and the systems to find new bugs.
- Perform manual tests, create sets of test cases, new updates and features.
- Work together with all the R&D departments to improve our product.
- Create organized descriptions of the issues with ways to reproduce.
- Sign-off on updates and fixes before production deployments
- Perform thorough test case execution, defect reporting and documentation of all test artifacts.
- Create, execute and maintain test plans, test scripts and solid test cases from requirements
- BSc in Engineering (EE, mechanical, CS etc) , Practical engineer or QA tester course.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a lab, system testing, QC
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with building and/or flying drones - advantage
- Experience using Linux/command line/shell scripting - advantage
- Experience with Jira software - advantage
- Experience with electronic components - advantage
- Experience with arduino or other development boards - advantage
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) - advantage